On Feb. 13, moments after Colorado Reps. Emily Sirota and Sonya Jaquez Lewis introduced the Health Care Cost Savings Act of 2019, HB19-1176 into the Colorado House of Representatives, proponents of health care for everyone held a rally and march at the Colorado Capitol. Volunteer photographer Darral Freund contributes his time to the Colorado Foundation for Universal Health Care because, as a veteran and a former civil servant, he has great health care coverage. Hearing stories like retired Fremont County family physician Madeleine Jacobs told Wednesday of her patients dying because they couldn’t afford preventative care like colonoscopies and asthma medication, Freund said, “It just kills me.” Click on any image to see it larger, and all photo credit goes to Darral Freund.
What’s up with the Foundation?
- Coronavirus resources
- Denver Pastor Terrance “Big T” Hughes, hospitalized with Coronavirus: ‘There should be no barriers to care when you are sick’
- New tests offer Coronavirus hope; Senate passes House Families First Coronavirus bill.
- Health care for Coronavirus for All, Now!
- Coronavirus: Why we need improved Medicare for All
- Improved Medicare 4 All would save $450 billion, 68,000 U.S. lives each year, Yale study finds
- Jamestown joins U.S. cities calling for universal health care
- Let’s thank Rep. Neguse for cosponsoring the State-Based Universal Health Care Act of 2019
- Act now: State-based universal health bill needs cosponsors!
- Chart: Compare national reform plans