On Feb. 13, moments after Colorado Reps. Emily Sirota and Sonya Jaquez Lewis introduced the Health Care Cost Savings Act of 2019, HB19-1176 into the Colorado House of Representatives, proponents of health care for everyone held a rally and march at the Colorado Capitol. Volunteer photographer Darral Freund contributes his time to the Colorado Foundation for Universal Health Care because, as a veteran and a former civil servant, he has great health care coverage. Hearing stories like retired Fremont County family physician Madeleine Jacobs told Wednesday of her patients dying because they couldn’t afford preventative care like colonoscopies and asthma medication, Freund said, “It just kills me.” Click on any image to see it larger, and all photo credit goes to Darral Freund.
What’s up with the Foundation?
- Let’s thank Rep. Neguse for cosponsoring the State-Based Universal Health Care Act of 2019
- Act now: State-based universal health bill needs cosponsors!
- Chart: Compare national reform plans
- Activists greet Speaker Pelosi, Congressman Neguse in Broomfield
- Improved Medicare for All—Talking points with heart
- Medical professionals: Sign our petition for universal health care!
- Sign our petition for universal health care!
- Legislative news: Health Care Cost Savings Act a go
- Universal health would remove these CO blocks to care
- Talking Points: Import Prescription Drugs from Canada, SB19-005