Universal health care systems gain a huge financial boost by using the provisions in Federal law that allow employers and employees to pay health care premiums with pre-tax dollars. For every $100 employers spend on insurance using pre-tax dollars, employees would need their employers to an increase payroll expenses between $119 and $165 dollars for the employee to have enough left, after taxes, to purchase the same $100 of health care insurance. How can this advantage be so large?
What’s up with the Foundation?
- Chart: Compare national reform plans
- Activists greet Speaker Pelosi, Congressman Neguse in Broomfield
- Improved Medicare for All—Talking points with heart
- Medical professionals: Sign our petition for universal health care!
- Sign our petition for universal health care!
- Legislative news: Health Care Cost Savings Act a go
- Universal health would remove these CO blocks to care
- Talking Points: Import Prescription Drugs from Canada, SB19-005
- Talking Points: Health Care Cost Analysis Act HB19-1176
- Madeleine Jacobs, MD: Help turn the tide